2011年12月10日

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOHN LENNON


 
Today is and in his honor i am posting some of his quotes, photos and music. Luna and I have been spending our day watching Elmo and listening to , enjoying our time to cuddle while Niko is with his grandma and papa is out of town but will be back tonight, and tomorrow we have a family date! So excited, going to eat and watch the lion king!! this will be Luna's first time at the theater, i hope it goes well!  xoxo 




Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it. 


Music is everybody's possession. It's only publishers who think that people own it. 


Love is the flower you've got to let grow. 


Everything is clearer when you're in love. 


As usual, there is a great woman behind every idiot. 


All we are saying is give peace a chance. 


I believe in God, but not as one thing, not as an old man in the sky. I believe that what people call God is something in all of us. I believe that what Jesus and Mohammed and Buddha and all the rest said was right. It's just that the translations have gone wrong. 


I'm not going to change the way I look or the way I feel to conform to anything. I've always been a freak. So I've been a freak all my life and I have to live with that, you know. I'm one of those people. 


Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans. 


My role in society, or any artist's or poet's role, is to try and express what we all feel. Not to tell people how to feel. Not as a preacher, not as a leader, but as a reflection of us all. 


Surrealism had a great effect on me because then I realised that the imagery in my mind wasn't insanity. Surrealism to me is reality. .


The more I see the less I know for sure. 


Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted.


We've got this gift of love, but love is like a precious plant. You can't just accept it and leave it in the cupboard or just think it's going to get on by itself. You've got to keep watering it. You've got to really look after it and nurture it. 


Yeah we all shine on, like the moon, and the stars, and the sun.         


You either get tired fighting for peace, or you die. 


You're just left with yourself all the time, whatever you do anyway. You've got to get down to your own God in your own temple. It's all down to you, mate. 


We often say things like, “when I’m older, I’ll do this; if I had more time, I would start this project; when my children are grown up, I’ ll have more time to take  care of myself.” If, If, If, when, when, when…are just excuses to test our determination.




When we really care about someone, we do what we must do.
When we really care about something, we become very creative in order to get what we want.
What we can be, we must become, ultimately, it is one of the best ways to be at peace with ourselves. 

0

没有评论:

发表评论